THE PAROCHIAL CHURCH COUNCIL (PCC)
of Hamworthy Parish PCC
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data Personal data is information about a living person who can be identified from that data. Its use is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) which took effect on 25 May 2018. Under the GDPR, the PCC is the ‘data controller’ which means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
2. How we process your personal data We carry out our responsibilities by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts and by protecting it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
to inform you of news, events, activities and services in our parish and the wider church
to administer membership and electoral roll records
to fundraise and promote the interests of the Church
to maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications)
to manage our volunteers
3. The legal basis for processing your personal data We only process or use this information:
with your consent so that we can keep you informed about news, events, and services.
to meet legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid and the Church Representation Rules (Synodical Government Measure 1969);
4. Sharing your personal data Personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and only be shared with other church members for purposes connected with the church. We shall only share your data with third parties outside the parish with your consent.
5. Keeping your personal data We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide “Keep or Bin: Care of Your Parish Records” which is available on the Church of England website (See footnote 1). Specifically, we retain electoral roll data while it is still current; gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate, and parish registers (baptisms, marriages, funerals) permanently.
6. Your rights and your personal data Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
the right to request a copy of any personal data which the PCC holds about you;
the right to request the PCC to correct any personal data if it is inaccurate or out of date and, if there is a dispute about its accuracy or processing, to request a restriction on further processing;
the right to request your personal data is erased where the PCC no longer needs to retain it;
the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
the right to object to the processing of personal data;
the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (Details below).
8. Further processing If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use and where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details If you are not content with the way in which your data is held or used, please in the first instance, contact
Rev. Tessa Nisbet, The Rectory, St Michael’s Close, Hamworthy, Poole Dorset
email@example.com 01202 674878
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.